Re: Iproute2 for Debian testing and backports

On Sat, 2017-12-16 at 17:14 +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Dec 2017, Luca Boccassi wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> *snip*
>
> > > Your help is really welcome, do you have an alioth account?
> > >
> > > Alex
> >
> > Yes I do (DD :-) )
>
> argh, my bad. Since pkg-iproute is collab-maint you should already be
> able to
> commit.
> >
> > I propose the following:
> >
> > - upload 4.13 to sid, let it migrate to buster
> > - upload 4.13 to stretch-backports
> > - upload 4.14 to sid, and block it on 883558 so that it enters
> > buster
> > at the same time as the kernel
> >
> > I could start having a look at 4.13 tomorrow-ish.
> >
> > How does this plan sound?
>
> Sounds like a great plan, please go ahead.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Alex

4.13 seems to be working fine on my Stretch laptop, tried a few
route/link/addr/vrf commands.
One patch to drop, one to refresh (fuzz), nothing else to do for now.

Is it OK if I add myself to Uploaders?

If so I'll push the changes to Alioth and then upload 4.13.0-1.

BTW I'm hit by 851291/869191 so I'll avoid committing to pristine-tar
for now, don't want to commit an unreproducible tarball. I'll check
what xz options are being used upstream.

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi