Re: Re: Iproute2 for Debian testing and backports

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2017, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
>
> > Iproute2 gains new features every release to keep up with the
upstream kernel.

> > How do I request that iproute for Debian testing (buster) and
backports (stretch-backports)
> > be kept in sync?
> > 			kernel		iproute
> > sid			4.14		4.9
> > buster			4.13		4.9
> > stretch-backports	4.13		4.9
> > stretch			4.9		4.9
> >
> > Do you need resources to be applied to Debian maintenance for this?
> Yes, we need more manpower.
>
> Alex

Hello Alex,

In case you'd like some help in maintaining iproute2, I'll happily
volunteer. I could give you a hand keeping up with new releases. We
rely heavily on iproute2 at $work so it's a win-win.

And I worked with Stephen in the past, so if he breaks something
upstream I know where to find him :-P

Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi