LVM Merge

Hello,

I'm trying to merge an LVM snapshot into the original volume. If I look in the man page for lvconvert, under '--merge', it says:

To check if your kernel supports the snapshot merge feature, look for 'snapshot-merge' in the output of 'dmsetup targets'.

If I run 'dmsetup targets', I get the following:

root@debian:~# dmsetup targets
crypt            v1.11.1
striped          v1.4.1
linear           v1.1.1
error            v1.0.1
root@debian:~#

I'm running a standard install of Debian 7.9:

root@debian:~# uname -a
Linux debian 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.78-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@debian:~#

Does anyone have any idea how to add snapshot-merge into the kernel?

Thanks!

Tom