Re: Kernel version for stretch

Hi,

On 2016-02-02 08:34, Niels Thykier wrote:
Based on the current 9 week upstream release cycle, the longterm branch for 2017 will presumably be based on Linux 4.10, released at the end of
week 3 (22nd January 2017).  That's well after the planned stretch
freeze date so I don't see how it can be included.

Indeed that is a bit unfortunate.  With the freeze date already
announced, I am very hesitant to move it.

I wouldn't consider it a fail if we decided to shift the freeze date by
two months [1], especially if this move helps project members to integrate better supported versions for their packages. Eventually, it would help us
to have a better quality release and enhance its supportability over the
years.

Having that said, it would be nice to hear from Ben if it would be doable
to go with 4.9 or with a 4.10rc for some time.

[1] only a few persons seem to have noted those dates anyway (imho).

--
Mehdi