Re: linux-image-3.14-2-armmp description out of date

On Tue, 2014-07-22 at 20:18 +0100, David Goodenough wrote:
> In the above package the description reads:-
>
> The Linux kernel 3.14 and modules for use on ARMv7 multiplatform kernel for
> Marvell Armada 370/xp, Freescale iMX5x/iMX6.
>
> Reading the list of DTB files it includes, this list is rather out of date.

It's not really grammatical either!

> Now (hopefully) this list will grow with most new kernel versions, so
> continuously updating the description in the list might be a bit of a load on
> whoever did it, so perhaps it should mention the main families, but it
> should also point people at the file list for the DTBs for the complete
> detailed list.

I don't think we know exactly which machines it currently works on.
Just because a DTB is included, doesn't mean all the drivers are
included and working.  But the intent is that all ARMv7 machines we can
support, will be supported by this package, and the description should
be updated to reflect that.

Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers. - Leonard Brandwein