Re: Kernel Images for Xenomai

A Dimecres, 15 de gener de 2014, Roland Stigge va escriure:
> On 01/15/2014 01:16 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> >> In addition, kernels supported by official Xenomai patches also
> >> typically differ from the ones that Debian ships.
> >>
> >> Since Debian synchronizes quite well now with kernel.org stable
> >> branches, there is at least a good chance to synchronize in this
> >> second regard.
> >
> > Since Leopold is talking about generating patched linux images, does it
> > really matter if they do not use the same versions as the ones used by
> > Debian?
>
> Yes, if it's included in Debian stable, we would need to trust someone
> who steps up to support the respective package (i.e. its over time aging
> version) for security updates for years.
>
> When it's "only" in backports, there is no such hard restriction.

I like the option of backports. Also, an outdated version in stable could be a
good option for an starting place for a new user.

However, I would like to see the kernel maintainers opinion.

Leopold

PS. Really, if we could have it, we can then have a bunch of realtime software
packages, so we could have some debianrt ecosystem!!!!

Linux User 152692
Catalonia