Re: Questions about adding new kernel configs to support omap5 devboard

>>> This is the job or initramfs-tools. v0.118 in sid tries harder to load
>>> things like regulators, clk, phy and pinctrl, what version are you
>>> using?
>>
>> v0.118 is the current version I used, but looks like it doesn’t include
>> the regulator .ko properly on OMAP5432 uEVM unless I told it explicitly...
>
> Probably best to file a bug then. The maintainers will likely want to
> know the names of all the missing modules, plus the contents of /sys
> ("find /sys -ls", I suppose).
>
> If you want to dig into this yourself then look for the file
> hook-functions in initramfs-tools and search for "regulator", there are
> two references corresponding to the MODULES=dep and MODULES=most
> configurations. Since it isn't working I expect you are using
> MODULES=dep which is handled with:
>        # sys walk some important device classes
>        for class in gpio phy regulator; do
>                for device in /sys/class/$class/*; do
>                        device="$(readlink -f "$device")" \
>                                && sys_walk_mod_add "$device"
>                done
>        done
>
> MODULES=most copies the whole of kernel/drivers/regulator, which seems
> less likely to be able to go wrong.

I looked through the scripts both in the unstable archive and git. The
current v0.118 (yes, it does be packaged as v0.118) I got from unstable archive
doesn’t contain the patch that handles with the ‘regulator, clk, phy
and pinctrl’ modules, while the git tree has already had it. I rebuilt
the initramfs-tools directly from the git. And it works on OMAP5432 uEVM.

Baozi