Re: linux-headers lying about kernel version is breaking other module packages

On Thu, 2014-11-27 at 17:08 -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> What is the point in doing this?  Why punish module source packages that
> correctly know how to handle 3.x kernels just to deal with old broken
> ones that assumed 2.6 forever?

It looks to me like you have discovered a bug[0] rather than some sort
of conspiracy against well maintained module packages. I recommend
filing it in the BTS as such.

Ian.

[0] The lines in debian/rules.real which write VERSION and PATCHLEVEL
into the headers package are untouched since they were first added back
in the 2.6 days, I think it most likely that they were simply forgotten
about rather than deliberately trying to break out of tree modules.