Re: Inclusion of sun7i-a20-bananapi.dts

On Mon, 2014-09-29 at 02:10 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-09-28 at 23:57 +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to ask the kernel package maintainers whether you
> > would be willing to accept a patch to add a dts file for the
> > LeMaker BananaPi to the linux 3.16.3 package.
> >
> > The BananaPi is the small ARM board that several DDs have
> > received at Debconf, so I would like to get support for it into
> > Jessie.  A preliminary dts file for the board has been written by
> > Hans de Goede, but it has not yet gone upstream, so it would not
> > fulfill the usual backport criteria.  Would you be willing to
> > include such a preliminary version nonetheless?
> [...]
>
> I think that's for the ARM kernel porters to decide.  But *why* has it
> not gone upstream?

IIRC there was some concerns about the structure of it (.dts vs .dtsi)
and some other bits.

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2014-July/276339.html

I've not seen a v2.

Karsten, I suggest pinging Hans and Maxime to see where this is at. It
seemed like the updates required were pretty minor, but I would like to
see the dt agreed with upstream before we include it.

Ian.