Re: linux-2.6_2.6.32-48squeeze4 and Bug #701744

On Sat, 2014-02-22 at 22:56 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-09-30 at 20:25 +1000, Kris Shannon wrote:
> > I was eagerly awating the release of linux-2.6_2.6.32-48squeeze4
> > because it would fix #701744 (fallout from XSA-39: Linux netback DoS
> > via malicious guest ring)
> >

> > It turns out I should have read the bug report more closely.
> >
> >  #701744 was only about the xen-netback side of things.
> >

> > I haven't been able to find a debian bug about the REAL bug - the
> > xen-netfront gso overflow.
> >

> > Upstream have patched this:
> > http://git.kernel.org/linus/9ecd1a75d977e2e8c48139c7d3efed183f898d94
> >
> > "netfront: reduce gso_max_size to account for max TCP header"
> >

> > Is this likely to go into a squeeze kernel?
>
> Maybe.  Ian, is this going to be possible to backport?

It looks fairly small and self contained, so I suspect so. Wei -- does
that sound right (the backport target is Debian Wheezy which is 2.6.32)

The other question is whether there will be any more updates to the
Squeeze kernel at all, aren't we into security fixes only mode for
Squeeze by now?

Ian.