Backported drivers

On Mon, 2013-06-10 at 07:27 +0000, Bandi,Sarveshwar wrote:
> Ben,
>    I would like to backport patches into 3.9 (support for new hardware
> and critical bugs). Can I do it now? Or when is the right time to do
> it?

Critical bug fixes should be submitted for inclusion in kernel.org
stable branches.  And backporting new hardware support to unstable
outside of a freeze period is generally unnecessary, as each new
upstream release will quickly be uploaded there.

If you really want to provide a tested backport from net-next to 3.9
then I'm not about to refuse your patches.  But it would help many more
Debian users if you would concentrate on backporting to our stable
release.

friends: People who know you well, but like you anyway.