From: Ben Hutchings [mailto:ben@decadent.org.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 6:38 PM
To: Bandi,Sarveshwar
Cc: debian-kernel@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Uploading linux (3.9.4-1)

On Wed, 2013-06-05 at 07:38 +0000, Bandi,Sarveshwar wrote:
> Ben,
>    When you pick up 3.9 for Jessie, will the drivers code base also be from 3.9 kernel source?

I think you misunderstand.  This is not a decision about what to release (it's much too early for that).  New kernel versions uploaded to unstable should transition into testing automatically when ready.  Since
3.8 failed to build on powerpc and so was never ready for testing, the first version to make that transition will be 3.9 (hopefully!).

Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.