Re: Third Monitor is not working with the Kernel 3.8 or higher

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 06:16:23PM +0200, Leo Unglaub wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 06/12/2013 07:36 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > Open a bug at https://bugs.freedesktop.org under product 'DRI' and
> > one of the 'DRM' components (for whichever graphics driver is used
> > on your computer).
>
> thanks for your feedback. Is the http://bugs.freedesktop.org
> bugtracker also the right place if the problem only occurs in Debian?
> With for example a Fedora Live Image it works fine on my system.

Assuming that the Fedora Live image also has Linux 3.8 or 3.9, then I
suppose this is indeed Debian-specific.  But we don't have many (any?)
patches to DRM in unstable, so I wonder whether this is actually a bug
in the X driver that is triggered by the kernel upgrade.

Can you specify exactly which versions of the kernel and the X driver
you're comparing?  The X driver for Intel GPUs is called
xserver-xorg-video-intel in Debian and xorg-x11-drv-intel in Fedora.

                                                              - Albert Camus