Re: Additional IPv6 addresses on bond interface marked as dadfailed

On Mon, 2013-05-27 at 13:55 +0200, Florian Zavatzki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after upgrading from squeeze to wheezy one of our servers has problems
> with additional IPv6 addresses on a bond interface. Each IPv6 address
> which is added is marked as dadfailed.
[...]

Are you setting up the bond on the switch before bringing it up on this
host?  If not, the neighbour solicitation packets for DAD (Duplicate
Address Detection) will be forwarded by the switch on the other link
that's part of the bond, and every address you add will therefore appear
to be a duplicate.

Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.