Re: Branches post-wheezy

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 02:03:42AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> There can be no more uploads to unstable for wheezy, so I propose to
> rename sid -> wheezy for each package that currently has a sid branch.

Okay.

> Linux 3.9 is now out, so we have a choice between 3.8.10 and 3.9 as the
> first upload for jessie.  Maybe we could start with 3.8.10 for unstable
> and 3.9 for experimental?

I think we should do a 3.8 upload to unstable. Lets see if I got some
time to do some cleanups for 3.9.

> I would rather not create redundant backports packages, but I think it's
> inevitable that people will want them and squeeze-backports hasn't taken
> a whole lot of work on my part.  So I intend to create wheezy-backports
> branches for at least linux, linux-latest and firmware-nonfree.

Your decision. However, as backports is now the same dak instance as the
main archive, -master should be able to find a way to make this without
the overhead.

Bastian

--
No one wants war.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7