Re: Linux features for wheezy

On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 02:53:40PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-06-03 at 15:15 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 11:47:03PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > >   - lguest (#457652)
> > No. This is no tool, this is an example.
> But then what is the real tool?  Apparently it needs to be built per
> version and have a wrapper like perf, but is otherwise usable.  See
> <http://wiki.debian.org/Lguest>.

lguest is meant as an example, not for real world usage. The
documentation even say it does not work on PAE. And the last info is
from two years ago. I would even vote to disable this code.

> > > - btrfs improvements (rebalance, general performance, error handling)
> > >   - do these have any dependencies on VFS changes?
> > > - network teaming driver
> > > - network byte queue limits (anti-bufferbloat)
> > > - [armhf] LPAE support
> > > - procfs hidepid and hidegid mount options (#669028)
> > > - CPU autoloading support
> > >   - discussed in http://bugs.debian.org/654957#20
> > >   - depends on conversion of CPU sysdevs to ordinary devices
> > > - fixes for THP with slow writeback (#675493)
> > > - seccomp filters and no_new_privs (#675615)
> > Okay.
> That's OK to all the above?

Yes.

> You've been interested in btrfs so can you have a look at the
> possibility of backporting the later changes?

In one week, maybe.

Bastian

--
I'm a soldier, not a diplomat.  I can only tell the truth.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9