RE: Debian and Hyper-V VM drivers

On Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:52 PM, Ben Hutchings [mailto:ben@decadent.org.uk] wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 01:37 +0000, Mike Sterling wrote:
> >
> > Great, thanks. We've done some investigation into the current status
> > of Wheezy on Hyper-V, and as of 3.2.0-2, there's about a five patch
> > differential between linux-next and the 3.2.0-2 kernel. How can I
> > update to the 3.2.15-1 kernel? I installed Wheezy using the latest
> > testing ISO, but apt-get doesn't want to show a new kernel.
> [...]
>
> In wheezy the current version is 3.2.16-1.  The kernel version string doesn't
> match this because it's used as an ABI version and we try to avoid frequent
> ABI changes.
>[...]

Thanks for the clarification.

There have been a couple of patches that have gone in upstream that we'd like to make sure get applied to the Wheezy kernel. Is there a date or upstream commit ID that you're using to generate the kernel sources that we can use as a base to automatically generate all the accepted upstream patches?

Thanks,
-M