Re: Planning for final lenny point release (5.0.10)

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 10:12:11PM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 08:44:46PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > Assuming the technical side still works, I do worry a little that a new
> > DSA three weeks after the announced EOL for security support might
> > confuse people.
> >
> > I suppose we could do a last-minute kernel update via o-p-u, although I
> > don't know if we have any idea how many people actually upgrade to EOL
> > point releases in the relatively short period before the move to
> > archive.d.o.
>
> yeah, I wondered the same.  I don't actually know when ftp-master gets
> rid of oldstable on the mirrors.  If we'd know that it's still around
> for a few months I'd say o-p-u.  The old suites used to stay on
> security-master for ages, but AFAICS that's no longer the case
> neither.
>
> Maybe the final announcement should point people at archive already
> (it could already get synced there at that point, given that it won't
> change anymore).

Ok - sounds like no DSA, but maybe an upload via o-p-u. My vote is to
do no kernel upload if the release gets scheduled for the first
weekend in march - that's one week out, and I'll have spotty
availability beginning mid-week. For later weekends, I'm for it.