Re: Planning for final lenny point release (5.0.10)

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 08:44:46PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> Assuming the technical side still works, I do worry a little that a new
> DSA three weeks after the announced EOL for security support might
> confuse people.
>
> I suppose we could do a last-minute kernel update via o-p-u, although I
> don't know if we have any idea how many people actually upgrade to EOL
> point releases in the relatively short period before the move to
> archive.d.o.

yeah, I wondered the same.  I don't actually know when ftp-master gets
rid of oldstable on the mirrors.  If we'd know that it's still around
for a few months I'd say o-p-u.  The old suites used to stay on
security-master for ages, but AFAICS that's no longer the case
neither.

Maybe the final announcement should point people at archive already
(it could already get synced there at that point, given that it won't
change anymore).

Kind regards
Philipp Kern