Bug#654799: Cranking sound coming out of speakers with the new 3.1 kernel
Jan Prunk wrote:
> I tried booting into 3.2.0-rc7-686-pae, but the crunching sound
> is still present, I am able to play music file properly, and
> crunching is in the background, and also while not processing
> any sounds, the crunching appears out of the speakers.
Ok, thanks for testing. Please send a summary of this regression to
firstname.lastname@example.org, cc-ing Takashi Iwai <email@example.com> and
either me or this bug log so we can track it.
Be sure to mention:
- steps to reproduce, what you expect versus what actually happens,
and how that indicates a bug
- which kernel versions you tried, and what happens with each
- alsa-info.sh output, as an attachment
- if you can make a recording of the strange sound available
somewhere online, that would be ideal
- whether you are able to bisect or test patches if needed
 may have more hints.
Thanks and good luck,