Re: [Fwd: Xen performance kernel patches backported to 3.2 for Precise]

On 12/16/2011 01:27 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 20:39 -0700, Tim Gardner wrote:
On 12/14/2011 11:18 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
Xen performance kernel patches backported to 3.2 for Precise

I'm still kind of waiting on these. Stefan Bader had some concerns and
encouraged Citrix to work on getting them upstream, but I haven't seen a
lot of movement on them.

Konrad (CCd) is working on upstreaming these patches. He posted to LKML
see "Exporting ACPI Pxx/Cxx states to other kernel
subsystems" (<1322673664-14642-1-git-send-email-konrad.wilk@oracle.com>)
on 30/11.

The only comment I saw on that posting was from Jan. I saw a comment
from Stefan to ask why it hadn't been sent upstream which is what
reminded Konrad to send the post to LKML, were there others?

Ian.

I've seen no substantive comment since Konrad posted the patches, which is why I noted above that "I haven't seen a lot of movement on them". Maybe you should poke some upstream dudes, stir the pot a little.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com