Re: Kernel Summit

On Sun, 2011-10-23 at 15:43 +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 02:08:23AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > I'm going to the Kernel Summit on 24-25 October (with travel expenses
> > paid by my employer, Solarflare).  The Summit is mostly meant for
> > discussion of the development process, architectural and kernel-wide
> > issues, unlike more specific conferences.  The draft agenda is at:
> >
> > http://ksummit2011.kernel.org/agenda
> >
> > Are there any issues people would like me to raise there?
>
> Compliment, endorse and/or hug any hardware vendor that is at the Linux
> kernel summit.
[...]

Attendance at the Kernel Summit (at least day 1) is by invitation only,
and supporting specific hardware generally wouldn't be sufficient to
earn an invitation (because that would include too many people).  So it
would be wrong to think that only those hardware vendors represented
here are really supporting Linux, or in fact that anyone is chosen as a
representative of their employer.

Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle science fiction.