CD/DVD and PPC Mac

Hi,

Marco d'Itri suggested me to post here. Here is one of my recent problem:
Since a udev update a few weeks ago, CD and DVD are no longer
recognized on (at least several) PPC Mac hardware with Testing.

The problem seems to be related to bug #635107 i.e. the ide driver is
now marked as deprecated, and the pata (or sata when relevant) drivers
should be used in place.

If I analyzed the situation correctly, the pata driver does exist for
PPC Mac but is not provided by the debian kernel:

>From lspci for two of my machines under testing:

PowerMac G5:
0001:03:0d.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Apple Computer Inc. Shasta IDE
0001:03:0d.0 ff00: 106b:0050

Mac-mini G4:
0002:20:0d.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Apple Computer Inc.
UniNorth/Intrepid ATA/100
0002:20:0d.0 ff00: 106b:003b

According to http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/PATA_MACIO.html the
PATA driver for both is drivers/ata/pata_macio.c activated with
CONFIG_ATA CONFIG_PATA_MACIO
Nonetheless, the configuration file of the kernel says:

PowerMac:
$ grep PATA_MACIO /boot/config-2.6.39-2-powerpc64
# CONFIG_PATA_MACIO is not set

and Mac-mini:
$ grep PATA_MACIO /boot/config-2.6.39-2-powerpc
# CONFIG_PATA_MACIO is not set

Can you confirm my diagnostic? (CC please because not subscribed)
If yes, I'll fill a bug against the debian kernel.

Thank you for your attention.
--
Stéphane Louise