Re: r8169 update for Debian 6.0 'squeeze'

Hi,

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 03:35:09AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> The Debian kernel team regularly backports driver updates to the Linux
> kernel in stable releases to add support for new hardware.  In the
> current stable release, the Linux kernel is based on longterm series
> 2.6.32.y.
>
> We generally prefer to cherry-pick bug fixes and new hardware support,
> but there are so many interrelated changes to r8169 since 2.6.32 that
> this seems to be impossible.  So I've prepared a backport of r8169 from
> Linux 2.6.38, which is available in the git branch:
>
>     git://git.debian.org/kernel/linux-2.6.git r8169-test

I was trying to clone, but it looks like the server is down:

	$ git clone git://git.debian.org/kernel/linux-2.6.git
	Cloning into linux-2.6...
	git.debian.org[0: 217.196.43.134]: errno=Connection refused
	fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

Anyway, I am currently running wheezy, but since my laptop is using this
driver, I believe it shouldn't hurt to give it a try.  Any suggestions on
what sort of tests I could run?  Or just reporting "it's working for me"
is enough?

Cheers,
--
Luis Henriques