Re: Dropping 686 non-pae kernel

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 01:05:33PM +0000, David Goodenough wrote:
> There are also the Vortex86SX based boards which are showing up in a variety
> of little embedded boards.  I am not sure these will run with -586 (but I may
> be wrong).

The website does not tell anything about supported instruction set.
Rumors tells me, that is is in fact a plain 486 instruction set.

> There are many embedded boards with Geode SC1100 boards out there as well,
> PCEngines WRAP boards, and one of the Microtik boards.  The Geode LX appears
> in places like the PCEngines Alix boards which are very much still
> current.

The Geode LX only fails the PAE constraint. In theorie it should run fine with
a 586-kernel.

Bastian

--
Yes, it is written.  Good shall always destroy evil.
		-- Sirah the Yang, "The Omega Glory", stardate unknown