Re: [Debian] CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS and Squeeze

Given the assumptions that containers run different distros, including some older ones, this option is needed.
Still, my opinion is the feature is from "good to have" department rather than from "absolutely required".

Hello Kir, thanks for the response.

I have been using VZ since 2004 and I had some trouble when I first tried the Debian kernel - I can only imagine the pain that a relatively new user would suffer.

I would suggest enabling it on the openvz kernels at least. With how badly Ubuntu hosed everybody with 10.04, it would be helpful to have an easier transition from 8.04 to Squeeze since Debian is the most natural replacement.

Mark