Re: [Debian] CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS and Squeeze

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 11:06:38AM +0300, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> >Many OpenVZ containers are still likely to require the legacy pty option in
> >the kernel in order for "vzctl enter" or "ssh" to work.

Please explain why. ssh always use openpty, which works fine with
devpts.

> >I can work around it for my environment, but a lot of people will have
> >difficulty if the CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS option isn't set in the default kernel.
> > Would it be possible for you to add it to the -openvz flavors of the
> >Squeeze kernels as a default?

No, it is too late. Also this request should be made through the openvz
userspace maintainer.

Bastian

--
Lots of people drink from the wrong bottle sometimes.
		-- Edith Keeler, "The City on the Edge of Forever",