Re: Proposed changes to initramfs-tools hook scripts

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 02:20:45 -0400 (EDT), maximilian attems wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, Stephen Powell wrote:
>> Max,
>>
>> As promised, here are my proposed changes to the initramfs-tools hook scripts.
>
> thank you very much. applied your 3 changes to branch maks/hooks on
> http://git.debian.org/?p=kernel/initramfs-tools.git;a=summary
> please review before I'd merge into master for next upload.

I'll take a look at those tonight, the Lord willing.

> I'm not sure if the indirection to STDERR is needed for make deb-pkg,
> but it shouldn't hurt there?

It all depends on whether debconf is active or not.  If it is, then
it's necessary.  If it's not, it won't hurt anything.

> you may want to have a look at for initramfs-tools dev
> http://git.debian.org/?p=kernel/initramfs-tools.git;a=blob_plain;f=docs/maintainer-notes.html;h=eeceafdfc498bd6585328d1eeb52e6e454d524ee;hb=HEAD
> changes in git send-email or online git repo are easier to handle.

I'll take a look at that too.  There are so many new things to learn
all at once!

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :