Re: ARM: OMAP2+ flavour

* Sebastian Reichel <elektranox@gmail.com> [2010-11-23 09:42]:
> The config does not disable the support for other OMAP devices. It
> should support most of the OMAP devices available (but they
> probably need some more drivers). The only limitation is, that
> it must use an OMAP2 processor or later (you have to select in the

It's possible to build support for OMAP 2, 3 and 4 into one kernel
image.  I think OMAP would be a reasonable addition to the Debian
kernel since there are a lot of devices.  However, personally I'd like
to see explicit support for some OMAP devices in Debian installer,
otherwise I don't see a lot of value in providing a kernel. (Those who
don't need d-i can probably also compile their own kernel or take a
kernel image from an external web site).

In any case, I'm CCing debian-arm for comments.

debian-arm: Sebastian Reichel requested a kernel image for OMAP, see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2010/11/msg00542.html
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/