Re: Xen dom0 (core) merged to upstream Linux 2.6.37 and other new features

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 12:26:42AM +0800, Liang Suilong wrote:

> NVIDIA and ATi proprietary drivers do not support xen kernel. If a trunk or
> generic kernel is built in xen pv_ops support, when users switch from normal
> mode to booting xen kernel, X server will not boot. Though we know a user
> who sets up a xen server is not a Linux newbies, the result makes user
> uncomfortable. It looks an uneasy problem.

you are on you own once you load those.

> Linus has released kernel-2.6.37-rc1. I read the changelog. Some Xen pvops
> patch has merged into upstream kernel. Waiting Debian to push 2.6.37-rc1 to
> experimental and test it for Xen.

experimental is currently on .36 and will stay on such until later
2.6.37-rcX (probably rc5 or such).

anyway the currently merged patches are bare dom0 support without any
backend, see http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps

P.S. please do not top post.