Re: alsa-firmware in firmware-linux-non-free package

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 10:10 +0100, David Henningsson wrote:
> > However I think these firmware images should be added to the
> > linux-firmware.git repository first, as that is the 'upstream' used as a
> > base for most distributions that provide firmware packages.
>
> Definitely. And so I offer the same assistance to David Woodhouse as I
> do to you in Debian - willingness to answer questions etc, to make this
> happen. You are welcome to help me remind him to actually pick these
> things up.

Where do I pick them up from? The git tree referenced above seems to add
to a 'WHENCE.ubuntu' file instead of the main WHENCE file.

I'm also thinking of moving to something based on
http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat and adding extra
metadata about the earliest/latest kernels for which any given firmware
file is relevant, as well as a simple 'build' system.

David.Woodhouse@intel.com                              Intel Corporation