Re: Missing headers in linux-headers-2.6.32-bpo.5-common

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 03:26:13PM +0300, Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> This is a bug in the ALSA configure script <http://bugs.debian.org/531668>
> which is fixed in the Debian package of alsa-driver.

Excuse my ignorance, but I still couldn't understand why there doesn't
exist a bug report page for linux-headers-2.6.32-bpo.5-common. Isn't it
officially supported by the Debian GNU/Linux? If so, why is it located
in the official repositories?

> Now why are you trying to build alsa-driver?  What hardware do you have
> that is not supported by the official package of Linux 2.6.32?

Here[1] are the details of the discussion about this ongoing PITA. I
still couldn't get the mic working on this damn Samsung R540. Any helps
will be unbelieveably valuable. (I need to get this damn thing working
to be able to arrange a meeting with the guys in TU Berlin.)

Regards.

[1] http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/391326