Re: 3 system freezes after upgrading to 2.6.32-23: advice needed

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 18:33 -0300, Pedro Bulach Gapski wrote:
> I have blacklisted the brcm80211 module and worked all day without a problem.
>
> I googled to http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/brcm80211,
> where it is stated that
> "43224/5 has a locking issue, stable with maxcpus=1, can crash
> otherwise after random period."
> which pretty much matches my case.
>
> Thanks for the advice, Ben.

I've filed a bug on the broadcom-sta package, suggesting that it could
provide a configuration file to blacklist brcm80211.

However, I think we should continue to provide brcm80211 in the kernel
image packages as there is some value in a free driver that doesn't have
to be built by the user.  We can apply upstream fixes for the locking
bugs later.