Kernels after 2.6.18-6 hang up on ACER Aspire with Athlon X2

Hello,

I've tried to find info on this problem, but don't know where to go. I need some help.

I also don't know where else to ask this question, if there is a better place, please excuse my ignorance and point me there.

My Aspire (desktop) with Athlon X2 4800+ hangs on boot after bringing up the second processor on all kernels newer than 2.6.18-6 whereas 2.6.18-6 works fine, both processors up and sharing load etc.

I don't know what other info you need to help me, so I would also very much appreciate some pointers there.

Thank you very much,

Hank J. van Leuvensteijn.