Re: pb kernel : kernel 2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 04:15:55PM +0200, bertrand wrote:
> Dear Mister or Madam,
>
> I am contacting you today because my company uses servers with a kernel
> "kernel 2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64".
>
> We would like to know if this version is stable or not.

That kernel is part of the current Debian stable release (5.0, codename
"lenny").  This does not necessarily mean that the kernel is stable in the
sense of not crashing; it means that we make minimal changes to it to fix
important bugs and to add support for new hardware.  However, we hope that
this approach means there are few bugs in the kernel that can cause it to
crash.

> The official website "http://wiki.openvz.org/Download/kernel"; indicates
> that this version is not supported yet. Do you confirm this information ?

That may be the position of the OpenVZ project.

                                                              - Albert Camus