Re: compache & ramswap (new kernel images)

>> of this package.
>>
>> This package is in NEW stage for seven months:
>> http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/compcache-tools_0.6-1.html
>>
>> I wrote a few mails to ftp-masters (now they are in CC, too), but
>> there was no answer.
>>
>> Does anybody know why this package isn't approved?

BH> Daniel Baumann has added or adopted a huge number of packages and
BH> apparently overstretched his ability to maintain them properly.  I
BH> believe the FTP team is preventing him from adding more packages that he
BH> cannot be depended on to maintain.

Hgm
I wrote a few bugreports to Daniel and he always reacted quickly. If
ftp-team decided to take such measures they should discussed that
somewhere? Do You have a prooflink?

>> Today I've installed debian/linux kernel 2.6.35 and want to use this
>> feature and I'm forced to build this package by hand. Why?

BH> If you are able to maintain or co-maintain this package then that might
BH> move the FTP team to accept it into the archive.

I've studied this question, I could maintain, but now there is a
situation: upstream has already abandoned an ioctl utility: they
decided (and have already done in VCS) to realize /sys/path/file
-control. So I think that this package must be rejected because
Debian contains no kernel which is compatible with this util.
--
... mpd is off

. ''`.                               Dmitry E. Oboukhov
: :’  :   email: unera@debian.org jabber://UNera@uvw.ru
`. `~’              GPGKey: 1024D / F8E26537 2006-11-21
  `- 1B23 D4F8 8EC0 D902 0555  E438 AB8C 00CF F8E2 6537