Re: compache & ramswap (new kernel images)

On Sat, 2010-08-28 at 20:28 +0400, Dmitry E. Oboukhov wrote:
[...]
> I asked ITP owner (Daniel Baumann) to upload it when 2.6.33 was
> released eight months ago. He did upload, then he uploaded new version
> of this package.
>
> This package is in NEW stage for seven months:
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/compcache-tools_0.6-1.html
>
> I wrote a few mails to ftp-masters (now they are in CC, too), but
> there was no answer.
>
> Does anybody know why this package isn't approved?

Daniel Baumann has added or adopted a huge number of packages and
apparently overstretched his ability to maintain them properly.  I
believe the FTP team is preventing him from adding more packages that he
cannot be depended on to maintain.

> Today I've installed debian/linux kernel 2.6.35 and want to use this
> feature and I'm forced to build this package by hand. Why?

If you are able to maintain or co-maintain this package then that might
move the FTP team to accept it into the archive.