Re: Xen "pvhvm" driver support for squeeze?

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 19:21 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 08:02:57PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 05:22:38PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > > I exported these rebased changesets, added them to the sid series and
> > > adjusted the pvops.patch (the featureset=xen patch) to remove the bits
> > > which are now already included. I have confirmed that there is no change
> > > to the resulting featureset=xen tree (which is expected since everything
> > > in these patches are already included there).
> >
> > Sorry no. Hand modification of the pvops patch is not possible and
> > reverse patches also not.
>
> It is not only possible, but necessary every time one of the fixes
> included it in goes into a stable update.

Agreed. And in the absence of any specific alternatives I plan to commit
the pvhvm drivers shortly.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Deftones - Good Morning Beautiful

I was at this restaurant.  The sign said "Breakfast Anytime."  So I
ordered French Toast in the Rennaissance.
		-- Steven Wright