Re: CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2 is not set for linux-image-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 01:04 +0200, Bart Verwilst wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am not on the list, so please forgive me and put me in CC :)
> I'm trying to boot an Ubuntu Lucid from linux-image-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64
> through the Xen 4.0.1-rc3 hypervisor ( also Debian packages ), which
> boots fine, but then fails to show me the console:
[...]
> While looking for a reason ( console and stuffs
> should all be fine ), i came across this:
>
> root@database42:/boot# grep DEPRE config-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64
> # CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2 is not set
> CONFIG_ENABLE_WARN_DEPRECATED=y
>

> I knew the latest udev needs this to be deprecated, and the Xen docs
> told me the same:
>
> "Make sure you have these two set (otherwise your init hangs and udev
> stops working)
>
> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y
> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y"
>

> What am i missing here? Why does it work for the Debian systems ( i guess :) )

You are confused.  CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED(_V2)=y means that the
deprecated entries still appear in sysfs, so the current configuration
is correct.

I think the deprecated entries used to be required by the administration
tools that run in dom0, but AFAIK this is no longer be true.

In any case, if you are using a mixture of Debian and Ubuntu packages in
the same domain then you cannot expect any support from either
distribution.