Re: new lilo package maintainer? (was lilo removal in squeeze or please test grub2)

On 07/06/2010 17:37, Stephen Powell wrote:
> But for a kernel install or reconfigure, it is the responsibility of the
> kernel maintainer scripts to invoke the bootloader.  See also, for example,
> linux-image-2.6.26-2-s390.postinst, where zipl is assigned as the bootloader
> on line 38.  This really is an "open and shut case", if only I can the kernel
> people to actually look at it!  Please look at it!

If I recall correctly, kernel maintainers have introduced
/etc/kernel/post{inst,rm}.d/ in order to avoid to hardcode each possible
bootloader in their script.
Can't lilo provide a script here ?

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean                 Adresse: Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble
Téléphone:  +33 4 76 61 20 11            ENSIMAG - antenne de Montbonnot