Re: Intelfb.ko not in linux-image-2.6.32-3-686

Hi again.

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Alessandro Baretta
<alexbaretta@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was dumbfounded when I diagnosed to cause of this malfunctioning:
> the intelfb.ko module is no longer part of the linux-image package. Why? Is
> there a replacement? I managed to get xorg to start with the intel driver,
> but without acceleration.

Please ignore my previous post: my diagnosis was wrong. The intelfb.ko
module is missing in linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686 as well as in
linux-image-2.6.32-3-686. Hence, it is not the lack of this module
that causes the malfunction. When booting into 2.6.32-trunk the
graphics chip is claimed by the i915 driver, which is also available
in the other kernel. Yet with 2.6.32-3 the framebuffer device is not
initialized and DRM is missing.

I will try investigating this topic further.

Alex Baretta