Intelfb.ko not in linux-image-2.6.32-3-686

Hi guys.

I have a laptop with Intel GM965 integrated graphics. My distribution is Debian Squeeze for i386. I use(d) Xorg's framebuffer driver together with the intelfb kernel module up to linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686. Now, having upgraded the kernel package to linux-image-2.6.32-3-686, my X refused to start. I was dumbfounded when I diagnosed to cause of this malfunctioning: the intelfb.ko module is no longer part of the linux-image package. Why? Is there a replacement? I managed to get xorg to start with the intel driver, but without acceleration. I will have to revert to the previous version of the kernel to get some decent graphics performance (even reading a man page is painful without accelerated graphics).

Thanks for your help.

Alex Baretta