initramfs-tools: mkinitramfs could call modprobe with --use-blacklist?

Hi,

I have a problem where modprobe hangs when trying to load the amd64_agp module.  mkinitramfs calls modprobe when adding things to initramfs.  While I acknowledge that is not a bug in mkinitramfs, I think I should be able to use the blacklist (or some equivalent mechanism) to prevent this from happening.

Until the amd64_agp bug is fixed (http://bugs.debian.org/570321), I have to kill modprobe every time I upgrade my kernel, so I had requested this wishlist item from initramfs-tools.  http://bugs.debian.org/575454  Max told me to ask on the mailing list (I'm assuming this one) before opening this as a wishlist item.

Is this a reasonable feature request?  For mkinitramfs to avoid hanging by honouring the blacklist when adding modules to initramfs?

Thanks,
Jayen