Re: upgrade to new xen domU on old xen dom0?

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 22:09 +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 06:11:15PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > > OK, that works, thanks. We have got to get this documented somewhere
> > > now that the deprecated option is broken. There is no mention of it at
> > > http://wiki.debian.org/Xen and simple googling is far from conclusive.
> >
> > Would you mind updating the wiki with your findings?
>
> OK, done.
>
> Speaking of the new domU, does anyone know anything about this:
>
> [    0.000000] Calgary: detecting Calgary via BIOS EBDA area
> [    0.000000] Calgary: Unable to locate Rio Grande table in EBDA - bailing!

The pvops kernel doesn't have as much opportunity to prevent probing of
stuff you would only see on native as the old style kernels, so you will
tend to see more attempts to find stuff which isn't there.

This seems to be correctly not finding Calgary (something you would not
expect to find domU). I find drivers which make noise even before they
have tried to detect their hardware and ones that print a message when
they don't find it to be a bit anti-social but other than that I think
everything is fine.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

"You're just the sort of person I imagined marrying, when I was little...
except, y'know, not green... and without all the patches of fungus."
		-- Swamp Thing