Re: upgrade to new xen domU on old xen dom0?

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 05:28:28PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > > What was the last known working version?
> > The one from lenny. Well, for some values of "working" at least :)
>
> Well, Lenny have two variants. The early pv-ops and the oldstyle one.

We had early pvops in lenny? Where? :)

> > > If you are upgrading from an old-style image and followed old
> > > documentation it is most likely a wrong root device.
> > I just replaced the kernel and ramdisk settings on the old dom0.
> > The relevant settings, that work with our .26 and .18, are:
> > root    = '/dev/hda1 ro'
> > disk    = [ 'phy:pavo/lastovo,hda1,w' ]
>
> Yeah, using [hs]d[a-z]* was already deprecated in Lenny.
>
> > What do I need to change?
>
> Use xvda as device name.

OK, that works, thanks. We have got to get this documented somewhere
now that the deprecated option is broken. There is no mention of it at
http://wiki.debian.org/Xen and simple googling is far from conclusive.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.