Re: upgrade to new xen domU on old xen dom0?

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:56:25AM +0100, joy wrote:
> [    0.610445] blkfront: xvda1: barriers enabled
> done.
> Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... done.
> Begin: Waiting for root file system ...
>
> Can anything be done? I thought the domUs were supposed to be a safe
> upgrade?

I missed Bastian's message as I'm not subscribed - please keep me in Cc:.

> What was the last known working version?

The one from lenny. Well, for some values of "working" at least :)

> You are supposed to provide the complete log. There are several possible
> pitfalls.
>
> If you are upgrading from an old-style image and followed old
> documentation it is most likely a wrong root device.

I just replaced the kernel and ramdisk settings on the old dom0.
The relevant settings, that work with our .26 and .18, are:

root    = '/dev/hda1 ro'
disk    = [ 'phy:pavo/lastovo,hda1,w' ]

What do I need to change?

--