Re: PATA transition

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 03:29 +0000, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> elendil@planet.nl wrote:
>
> >I don't think the first would be a very good idea as it means that we'll
> >still not be rid of the IDE drivers. It seems better to concentrate the
> Indeed. Please remember that udev has at least a couple of open bugs
> about things like persistent links breaking with the IDE drivers, which
> obviously nobody cares about because other distributions stopped using
> IDE drivers long ago.

We cannot get rid of the IDE drivers as not all of them have
replacements yet.  However, I have now made the configuration changes
and upgrade script apply to all architectures, so for every device that
can be handled by either an IDE driver or a (stable) libata driver, the
libata driver will be used.  The upgrade script will show an additional
note if it does not find a boot loader that it can handle automatically.

If you seem to know what you are doing, you'll be given more to do.