Re: [RFH] Debian 2.6.32 CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY, wireless-regdb and crda

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 04:44 +0200, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
>> Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>> > Can you guys upstream a package into Debian with a gitweb URL reference?
>> If I'm understanding the question correctly, yes. We have Vcs-$VCS (i.e.
>> Vcs-Git) and Vcs-Browser pseudo-headers. Both are optional.
>
> The Vcs-* fields are for the Debian package VCS.
>
> There is an emerging project to add upstream metadata to Debian source
> packages:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata
>
>> I agree with Kel here, git2cl et al are unimportant details.
>
> Indeed, that is why the relevant lintian warning is marked pedantic.
> Personally I think this part of Debian policy needs a review, I don't
> have the time or energy to bring it up on debian-policy though.
>
>> Kel, mail me in private when you have something ready for review &
>> upload, as usual.
>
> Check this thread:
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-wpa-devel/2010-March/thread.html#2541
>
> He already created almost perfect packages that are pretty-much ready to
> be uploaded, just a couple of minor issues.

BTW -- while we're on the topic of 2.6.32 and the next Debian release,
and 802.11, do you guys ship iw by default yet? If not I highly
encourage it. It should be shipped just as iwconfig is shipped. iw is
the replacement for iwconfig, it uses the new nl80211 and nl80211 is
used by all cfg80211 and mac80211 drivers. All new upstream drivers
have to be cfg80211 based (or mac80211) so hence why I recommend to
just ship iw by default today.

  Luis