Re: [RFH] Debian 2.6.32 CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY, wireless-regdb and crda

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 10:47 -0500, John W. Linville wrote:

> FWIW, I don't create the tarballs.  Perhaps we could ask Johannes to
> do something in his scripts that create them?  Beyond that I don't
> see much point in checking-in a ChangeLog.

It definitely shouldn't be checked into git, but rather generated from
the git commit logs; with git2cl, git log or similar. With an autotools
based build system you would add a command to the Makefile.am so that
automake runs git2cl during 'make dist' / 'make distcheck'. For
non-autotools based projects you usually won't have a standard 'make
dist' so it would need to be added to whatever script is the equivalent.

> Do you like that git2cl output?  It seems rather ugly to me...

Its the standard ancient GNU form for a ChangeLog. I have no opinion on
its aesthetics and I don't think it matters what format it has really.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise