Re: Debian Kernel Group Meeting

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 07:56:20PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 08:13:27PM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> > pv_ops dom0 patches will require more maintenance than the forward-ports
> > though.. since it's not yet feature-complete, and will have many
> > patches and fixes still..
>
> You just won a free maintainership of the forward port in Lenny. The
> pv-ops tree only failed to build for me, not crashed during runtime for
> me.

:)

Yep, I know, the forward-port in lenny is buggy on some setups
(for example requiring pci=nomsi to boot). Also live migrations
seem to be broken with it.

The .31 forward-port seems more stable, based on the user comments so far.
Then again it's based on the SLES11 forward-port, so Novell has worked
pretty hard on it.. (lenny .26 forward-port was some early version).

I've been testing pv_ops dom0 tree myself ever since it was introduced,
and I've been hunting many bugs from it.. I'm currently helping to debug
the drm/ttm stuff, which isn't working.

-- Pasi